If you love walking and also sampling the finest beers that Ribble Valley pubs have to offer, then this event is perfect for you.
The Ribble Valley pub walk is making a comeback next month and the walking route has been revealed.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Ribblesdale in aid of East Lancashire Hospice, the walk will see hundreds of hospice supporters walking through the Ribble Valley and stopping off at supporting pubs along the route. All money raised from this event will help support patient care.
The walk will take place on Saturday 21 August from Gateaway Auction in Mitton at 11am, with registration and entertainment open from 9am.
Dogs are welcome on the walk, but must be kept on a lead at all times and are the owners responsibility.
Included on the route are twelve notable pubs loved by locals, including:
- The Aspinall Arms, Mitton Road, Clitheroe
- Bayley Arms, Hurst Green, Clitheroe
- St Peter’s Club, Hurst Green, Clitheroe
- Shireburn Arms, Whalley, Clitheroe
- The Black Bull, Old Langho
- The Avenue, Brockhall Village, Old Langho
- Brass Band Club, Billington, Clitheroe
- The Swan Hotel, Whalley, Clitheroe
- The De Lacy Arms, Whalley, Clitheroe
- Jack’s Bar, King Street, Whalley
- Forum Bar, King Street, Whalley
- Dog Inn, Whalley, Clitheroe
How do I register and how much will it cost?
This year there are two new ways to register:
Register with a donation (no need to raise sponsorship) – £20
Register and raise sponsorship – £10
Online registration will close on Monday 9 August at 5pm with the opportunity to register on the day for £20.
You can get your tickets over on the East Lancashire Hospice website.
Social, newsletters, subscriptions and getting in touch…
If you want to make sure you don’t miss the most important news stories every day, sign up to one of our free e-mail newsletters
Gain unlimited access to the Lancashire Telegraph website with a premium digital subscription – we are running a £2 for two months special offer
Or if you want the Telegraph newspaper delivered to your door, get in touch with our home delivery team or call us on 0800 953 0227