New research has revealed the world’s most popular natural beauty spots according to Instagram data – with the North West’s favourite national park taking top spot.
To uncover some of the most amazing nature spots the world has to offer, The Body Shop used Instagram hashtag data and combined it with a list of countries where they source ingredients, to reveal some of the most Instagrammed beauty spots across the world.
Whilst the world may be full of impressive wonders – the UK is actually home to two of the top ten most instagrammable locations.
The Lake District tops the list, with 3.1million hashtags, and the Scottish Highlands comes in at number four with 2.4million hashtags.
The 20 most Instagrammed natural beauty spots are as follows:
(From left to right they read: rank; country; natural wonder; Instagram hashtag; No. of hashtags0
- UK; Lake District; #lakedistrict; 3,100,000
- Italy; Amalfi; #amalficoast; 2,800,000
- France, Italy and Switzerland; Mont Blanc; #montblanc; 26,00,000
- UK; Scotland’s Northwest Highlands; #scotlandhighlands; 2,400,000
- Italy; The Dolomites; #dolomites; 2,200,000
- Spain, France and Andorra; Pyrenees; #pyrenees; 1,800,000
- Spain; Sierra Nevada; #sierranevada; 1,400,000
- Italy; Mount Etna; #etna; 1,300,000
- Ecuador; Islas Galapagos; #galapagos; 1,200,000
- Italy; Lago di Como; #lagodicomo; 1,100,000
- Nepal; Mount Everest; #everest; 964,000
- Brazil; Fernando de Noronha; #fernandodenoronha; 827,000
- Brazil; Chapada Dos Veadeiros; #chapadadosveadeiros; 797,000
- UK; Dartmoor; #dartmoor; 752,000
- Brazil; Pantanal; #pantanal; 668,000
- India; Meghalaya; #meghalaya; 641,000
- Kenya; Masai Mara; #masaimara; 573,000
- Honduras; Roatan; #roatan; 562,000
- UK; Yorkshire Dales; #yorkshiredales; 561,000
- Brazil; Sugarloaf Mountain; #paodeacucar; 526,000
With 3.1 million hashtags, the Lake District is revealed to be the most Instagrammed natural beauty spot in the world.
Around 15.8 million visitors come to the Lake District each year to enjoy the area, which covers 2,362 square kilometres, so it’s no wonder it has amassed so many hashtags.
In second place is Italy’s Amalfi Coast, which UNESCO called “an outstanding example of Mediterranean landscape”.
Clearly lots of visitors agreed, as 2,800,000 of them hashtagged the view.
Italy also takes the third spot, alongside France and Switzerland thanks to Mont Blanc which has 2.6k hashtags.
It is also Europe’s highest mountain to explore standing tall at 4,807 metres.
Making its second appearance in the top five, the UK also takes the fourth spot thanks to Scotland’s Highlands, a remote region on the northwest of Scotland which has an impressive 2,400,000 hashtags on Instagram.
In fifth place is Italy again, with the Dolomites (another one of Italy’s UNESCO World Heritage sites), which has 2,200,000 hashtags.
The rest of the top ten features Spain, France and Andorra’s Pyrenees (1,800,000), Spain’s Sierra Nevada (1,400,000), Italy’s Mount Etna (1,300,000), Ecuador’s Islas Galapagos (1,200,000) and Italy’s Lago di Como (1,100,000).
Mother Nature has not only provided these outstanding natural wonders but also rich natural ingredients to nurture skin such as shea butter, aloe vera, coconut oil, and many more.
To find more about the most Instagrammed natural beauty spots visit: thebodyshop.com/en-gb/tips-and-advice/most-instagrammed-natural-beauty-spots