The best and worst GP surgeries in Hyndburn, according to patients, have been revealed.
There are 13 GP surgeries in Hyndburn under the East Lancashire CCG, with Dr Bello’s Surgery on Church Street, Accrington being rated as the best GP in the borough after 98 per cent of patients who completed the survey rated their overall experience with the practice as good.
The next best rated surgery on the list is King Street Medical Centre in Accrington, where 95 per cent of the 119 people who returned their survey agreeing that their overall experience with the GP practice was good.
The worst GP in Hyndburn, according to patients, is Richmond Medical Centre on Blackburn Road in Accrington, where 61 per cent of the 93 people who returned their survey agreeing that their overall experience of the GP was good.
At King Street Medical Centre, 98 per cent of respondents agree that it is easy to get through to the practice by phone while at the Richmond Medical Centre, just 49 per cent of people said they find it easy to get through to their GP on the phone.
81 per cent of patients from the Weavers Practice say that they have had enough support from local services or organisations in the last 12 months to help manage any long-term conditions, while at the Oswald Medical Centre, just 49 percent of patients agree with this statement.
The GP Patient Survey (GPPS), which is administered by Ipsos MORI, is an England-wide survey, providing practice-level data about patients’ experiences of their GP practices.
In NHS East Lancashire CCG, 18,459 questionnaires were sent out, and 5,836, or 32 percent, were returned completed.
1. Dr Bello’s Surgery, 6-8 Church Street, Church, Accrington, BB5 4LF – 98 per cent
2. King Street Medical Centre, 43 King Street, Accrington, BB5 1QE – 95 per cent
3. Dill Hall Surgery, 6-8 Church Street, Church, Accrington, BB5 4LF – 91 per cent
4. Higher Heys Surgery, Oswaldwistle, BB5 3BP – 87 per cent
5. Great Harwood Surgery, Great Harwood and Rishton, 32 High Street, Rishton, BB1 4LA – 82 per cent
= The Weavers Practice, High Street, Rishton, Blackburn, BB1 4LA – 82 per cent
7. The Clayton Medical Centre – Wellington Street, Clayton Le Moors, BB5 5HU – 81 per cent
8. Great Harwood Medical Group, Great Harwood Health Ctr., Water Street, Gt Harwood, Blackburn, BB6 7QR –79 per cent
9. Peel House Medical Practice, Accrington Pals Phcc, 1 Paradise Street, Accrington, BB5 2EJ – 77 per cent
10. Blackburn Road Medical Centre, 257 Blackburn Road, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 0AL – 75 per cent
= Oswald Medical Centre, Myrtle House Surgery, 154 Blackburn Road, Accrington, BB5 0AE – 75 per cent
12. PWE Accrington Victoria, Avch, Haywood Road, Accrington, BB5 6AS –73 per cent
13. Richmond Medical Centre, Acorn Primary Health, 421 Blackburn Road, Accrington, BB5 1RT – 61 per cent