loader image

Casualty taken to hospital following kitchen fire in Colne

A casualty has been taken to hospital after a kitchen fire broke out in Colne.

Crews were called to the blaze on Skipton Road at 10.20pm yesterday evening (June 16).

Three engines from Nelson and Colne tackled the fire with a hose reel and a thermal imaging camera.

One casualty was treated for suspected smoke inhalation by ambulance crews and later taken to hospital for further treatment.

Firefighters were in attendance around two and a half hours.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: “At 22:21hrs, three fire engines from Nelson and Colne responded to a fire on Skipton Road, Colne.

“They found the fire in the kitchen and living room of a domestic property. Crews put the fire out using one hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to make the scene safe.

“One casualty was treated for suspected smoke inhalation by ambulance crews and later taken to hospital for further treatment.

“Firefighters were in attendance around two and a half hours.”


Social, newsletters, subscriptions and getting in touch…

You can follow the Lancashire Telegraph on social media, by joining us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

We also have dedicated Facebook groups on Crime & Court, Traffic & Travel, Nostalgia and our Lancashire Family page

If you want to make sure you don’t miss the most important news stories every day, sign up to one of our free e-mail newsletters 

Gain unlimited access to the Lancashire Telegraph website with a premium digital subscription – we are running a £2 for two months special offer

Or if you want the Telegraph newspaper delivered to your door, get in touch with our home delivery team or call us on 0800 953 0227

Finally, have you got a story for us? If so, contact our newsdesk at lancsnews@nqnw.co.uk or by using our online contribution form 

CONTACT THE STUDIO