The best and worst GP surgeries in Burnley, according to patients, have been revealed.
There are 11 GP surgeries in Burnley under the East Lancashire CCG, with Burnley Wood Medical Centre on Parliament Street being rated as the best GP in the borough after 96 per cent of patients who completed the GP Patient Survey rated their overall experience with the practice as good.
The next best rated surgery on the list is Yorkshire Street Medical Centre, where 92 per cent of the 113 people who returned their survey agreeing that their overall experience with the GP practice was good.
The worst GP in Burnley, according to patients, is Riverside Family Practice in the St Peters Centre, where 62 per cent of the 82 people who returned their survey agreeing that their overall experience of the GP was good.
At Yorkshire Street Medical Centre, 96 per cent of respondents agree that it is easy to get through to the practice by phone while at Thursby Surgery, just 47 per cent of people said they find it easy to get through to their GP on the phone.
89 per cent of patients from Burnley Wood Medical Centre say that they have had enough support from local services or organisations in the last 12 months to help manage any long-term conditions, while at the Ightenhill Medical Centre, just 55 percent of patients agree with this statement.
The GP Patient Survey (GPPS), which is administered by Ipsos MORI, is an England-wide survey, providing practice-level data about patients’ experiences of their GP practices.
In NHS East Lancashire CCG, 18,459 questionnaires were sent out, and 5,836, or 32 percent, were returned completed.
Percentage of patients who rated the surgery overall as ‘good’:
1. Burnley Wood Medical Centre, Burnley Wood Medical Centre, 50 Parliament Street, Burnley, BB11 3HR – 96 per cent
2. Yorkshire Street Medical Centre, 80 Yorkshire Street, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 3BT – 92 per cent
3. Parkside Surgery, Prestige Park, Colne Rd, Burnley, BB11 1PS – 89 per cent
4. Rosegrove Surgery, 225-227 Gannow Lane, Burnley, BB12 6HY – 86 per cent
5. Padiham Group Practice, Padiham Medical Centre, 36 Burnley Rd, Padiham, Burnley, BB12 8BP – 84 per cent
6. Thursby Surgery, 2 Browhead Road, Burnley, BB10 3BF – 82 per cent
7. Briercliffe Surgery, Briercliffe Primary Care Centre, Briercliffe Road, Burnley, BB10 2EZ – 81 per cent
= Ightenhill Medical Centre, Tabor Street, Burnley, BB12 0HL – 81per cent
9. Burnley Group Practice – St Peters Centre, 3Rd Floor, Church Street, Burnley, BB11 2DL – 76 per cent
10. Colne Road Surgery, 34-36 Colne Road, Burnley, BB10 1LS – 71 per cent
11. Riverside Family Practice, St Peters Centre, Church Street, Burnley, BB11 2DL – 62 per cent