The best and worst GP surgeries in Blackburn according to patients have been revealed.
The results of the GP Patient Survey 2021 show that in Blackburn, Roman Road Health Centre and Witton Medical Centre have been rated as the best surgeries.
At Roman Road Health Care, 92 per cent of the 119 people that took the survey rated their overall experience of this GP surgery as good.
Meanwhile at Witton Medical Centre, 92 per cent of the 145 people who responded to the survey rated their overall experience with the centre as good.
From 18 GP surgeries in Blackburn, 7,811 surveys were distributed, with 2,064, or 26 per cent, being returned.
The worst rated surgeries in the area including the Olive Medical Centre where just 52 per cent of patients rated their experience as good while just 63 per cent of patients who responded to the survey from William Hopwood Street Surgery agreed their overall experience was good.
99 per cent of Olive Medical Centre said that the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to was good at listening to them during their last general practice appointment, while 98 per cent of patients at The Cornerstone Practice agreed their GP was good at listening.
At Oakenhurst Medical Practice, 95 per cent of respondents said the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to was good at giving them enough time during their last general practice appointment; however, just 29 per cent of respondents usually get to see or speak to their preferred GP when they would like to.
At Shifa Surgery on Bangor Street, just 39 per cent of the of respondents said that they find it easy to get through to the GP practice by phone, while 26 per cent of the respondents from William Hopwood Street Surgery suffer the same issue.
Just 24 per cent of patients of Limefield surgery on Preston New Road said that usually get to see or speak to their preferred GP when they would like to.
Percentage of patients who rated the surgery overall as ‘good’:
1. Roman Road Health Centre – 92 per cent
= Witton Medical Centre
3. Blakewater Healthcare – 90 per cent
4. Oakenhurst Medical Practice – 89 per cent
= The Cornerstone Practice Shadsworth Surgery
6. St Georges Surgery – 88 per cent
= Redlam Surgery
8. Bentham Road Health Centre – 87 per cent
9. Limefield Surgery – 84 per cent
10. Ewood Medical Centre – 83 per cent
11. Little Harwood Health Centre – 82 per cent
12. Pringle Street Surgery – 75 per cent
13. Primrose Bank Medical Centre – 73 per cent
14. Stepping Stone Practice – 71 per cent
15. Shifa Surgery – 69 per cent
16. The Family Practice, Barbara Castle Way – 64 per cent
17. William Hopwood Street Surgery – 63 per cent
18. Olive Medical Practice – 52 per cent